The perfect fit: the rise of active-wear
Brown Thomas launches its new performance wear section
‘I’ve been chasing them for seven years,” says Shelly Corkery, fashion director at Brown Thomas. She’s talking about Lululemon, the Canadian active wear uber brand recently launched at the Grafton Street store. And this was no ordinary launch. For journalists, there was an invitation not to the usual drinks and nibbles, but to something called a “celebration meditation”. For shoppers, there is an open invitation to early morning yoga classes available in the store, and among the clothing. A clever draw, or an overstretch?
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive