The most glamorous Porsche money can buy?
Porsche’s Targa might answer questions that nobody ever asked, but it does so rather brilliantly, writes Kyle Fortune
The original Porsche 911 Targa was a product of necessity, its removable roof panel created to pacify zealous safety legislation in the US. The ban on open-topped cars in the lucrative American marketplace never did materialise, though Porsche has continued to offer its curious part-open body style in its 911 model range, with every series wearing the badge at some point in its lifecycle.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive