The Magnificent X7
BMW readies its seventh SUV, with seven seats – and we’re in seventh heaven after driving a prototype
Next year, it will be the 20th anniversary of BMW’s brave decision to enter, for the first time, the world of the sports utility vehicle – or the SUV. The original entrant to the SUV fold, wearing a blue-and-white propeller badge, was the X5 and it has gone on to be a huge commercial success for BMW. Both it, and the X6 that is derived from it (and which launched in 2008), have sold in excess of two million units worldwide in just shy of two decades.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive