The first wild man of rock ’n’ roll
Jerry Lee Lewis: His Own Story. By Rick Bragg. Canongate, €19.
This isn’t the first authorised biography of Jerry Lee Lewis, not by a long chalk, but it’s likely to be the last. Today, at 79, The Killer spends most of his time in bed, probably reflecting on a life heavily lived. He’s on wife number seven, and after two years, so far so good. He hasn’t had a hit in decades, but that’s allowed – the same can be said for any other still-alive rock star of the 1950s.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive