Talking her way to the top
Angela Scanlon studiously avoids the ‘self-flagellation’ of looking back as she rapidly becomes one of the BBC’s biggest stars
‘So, how’s it going in newspapers?” Angela Scanlon’s arm is draped over the side of a leather armchair, her body square towards me, and her eyes fixed on mine. It’s like we’re old friends, at long last getting a catch-up; straight into the important chat. Only we’ve never met. And it’s me who’s supposed to be interviewing her.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive