SVR roars into life
Jaguar Land Rover’s Special Vehicle Operations has created its first product – a 550hp Range Rover Sport.
In an age where fuel economy and carbon dioxide emissions are the be all and end all for car buyers both here in Ireland and overseas, producing a load of machines powered in the main by supercharged, 5.0-litre petrol V8s might seem like financial suicide. Yet Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) seemingly has a licence to print money, its blend of super-luxurious vehicles that have hugely powerful engines finding favour in countries where purchase price and running costs are utterly inconsequential. Think of the UAE, China and the United States, and gas-guzzlers not only make sense, but in fact become the de facto choice for loaded buyers.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.