Strong July ‘152’ sales drive up new car registrations
SIMI figures highlight 25.4 increase in car sales this year
The Society of the Irish Motor Industry (SIMI) has released the official car sales figures for July as part of the 2nd Quarter SIMI Motor Industry Review in association with DoneDeal. The “152” sales figures for July are up 48 per cent (27,633) compared to (18,711) in July 2014 and are currently up 30 per cent (109,960) for the first half of 2015. Light commercial vehicles (LCV) were up 49 per cent (3,768) on July 2014 (2,535) and year to date are up 54 per cent (18,426). Heavy goods vehicles (HGV) are also up for the month of July 41 per cent (291) compared to the same month last year (207) and overall are up 9 per cent (1,556).
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.