Stories that take you to a place and back again
For the third year, we asked you, our readers, to consider a submission to The Sunday Business Post/ Penguin Ireland Short Story Prize. And we were, in a word, inundated. The brief was simple: write an original short story of up to 5,000 words in length. The response spanned every conceivable subject matter and genre, and the remarkable standard of creativity on show made the judging process a lengthy, if hugely encouraging, experience.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.