Springtime for Paris
There’s no better time of the year than now to experience the myriad charms of the City of Light, writes Arlene Harris
The world reacted with shock as the images of a burning Notre Dame Cathedral hit our screens last week. But while the centuries-old building certainly didn’t escape damage, French president Emmanuel Macron has vowed to restore it to its former glory within a matter of years, and several billionaires have already donated - if somewhat controversially - to the building fund. Because while the cathedral is obviously an important religious site, it is also one of the most visited attractions in France and, until it reopens, Paris will be a different place.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.