Spain’s sparkling hero: the future
Cava used to be a strange Cinderella wine which had to share a place at the bottom of a restaurant menu
Cava used to be a strange Cinderella wine which had to share a place at the bottom of a restaurant menu with the words “and other sparkling” making a firm barrier between it and Champagne. Alternatively it might be found on shelves behind the off-licence counter, but not at eye level with expensive and world-renowned names like Bollinger, Krug, Veuve Clicquot and Moët et Chandon.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.