Sauvignon Blanc, the once and future king
New white wines threaten Sauvignon Blanc every year, but none has yet managed to claim its crown
Sauvignon Blanc has been the most consistent bestselling white wine varietal over the last decade. And, perhaps like Manchester United, the Williams sisters and Tom Cruise, the years of success seem to me to have delivered an almost irrational desire to see Sauvignon Blanc fail.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive