Revving around the Big Outdoors
A trip around Colorado’s national parks will raise your spirits and test your driving skills
Perhaps it’s just me, but the US can sometimes seem more foreign than hidden corners of Europe. This was my initial thought when flying into Denver, Colorado. The surrounding landscape was an empty flatness, and when a fellow passenger informed me that you’d have to drive 500 miles to find another city of comparable size, my spirits were deflated. The disenchantment proved temporary, and my spirits would soon rise to rapturous heights: Colorado has a fabulous landscape, and a road trip through the state is the most thrilling way to experience this and much else besides.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive