Remembering Veronica 20 years on
Friend and former colleague, Matt Cooper, recalls the stories that shaped one of the country’s leading journalists
It was Sunday, August 27, 1995, around 9.30am if I remember correctly, and Veronica Guerin was at the door of my hotel room in Cork with the Sunday newspapers in her hand.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.