‘When REM broke up, the feeling was that we could do whatever we wanted. That alone was enough to allow me to not only indulge my various passions in music, but also to give me time to breathe’
He was once the musical engine of one of the biggest bands in rock history. But eight years on from the demise of REM, Peter Buck has happily veered off the highway and headed for the hills, writes Tony Clayton-Lea
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.