Reinvent your idea of the wheel
Think carefully about the wheels you want on your car - size matters when it comes to fuel economy, ride and road noise
I’ve always had a thing for wheels. And I specifically mean wheels, the round things that turn, not just the vehicles they’re bolted to. Before I finished primary school, I started drawing cars, but I always spent the most time on the wheels, eventually devoting whole sketch pads to their style. This is my long-winded way of saying that I understand why car makers fit their products with such large, stylish alloys and why motorists lust after them, despite the fact that it makes more sense to stick with modestly proportioned rims.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive