Pure diesel power makes BMW’s 8 Series a real delight
The new BMW 8 Series is a convincing luxury grand tourer, especially in 840d xDrive guise, writes Melanie May
BMW enters the luxury sports car market with this, its new 8 Series Coupé. The 8 effectively replaces the 6 Series Coupé and soon will be available in Convertible and four-door Gran Coupé body styles, too. There’s a potent M8 version on the way as well, plus an 840i petrol entry-level version. The high-powered M850i xDrive model has already been launched and joining it is the car tested here, the diesel-powered 840d xDrive.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.