Porsche goes big on hybrid with Cayenne
Cayenne SUV paves the way for electrification across its range
For the second week in a row on these pages, I test drive a brand-new, plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) at its international launch (and another back on home soil). The performance figures are remarkably similar to the BMW i8 Roadster featured last week, with top speeds of around 250km/h and 0-100km/h times of five seconds or less. But this week, it’s not a slinky sports car; this is a large SUV, with comfortable, spacious seating for five and a capacious boot. This is the new Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.