Polo GTI hits the sweet spot
The latest generation of Polo offers an enjoyable everyday driving experience with extra throttle, writes Dave Humphreys
For those of a particular vintage, you may remember a time when the Volkswagen Golf GTI was the car to have. The original, first launched in the mid-1970s, was something of a veritable rocket ship at the time, cracking the 100km/h mark in 9.2 seconds with a four-speed manual that had you shifting gears just to hear that 1.6-litre engine sing.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive