John Spillane is playing his cards right
Spillane has achieved the unusual distinction of becoming the face of the public transport Leap card in his native Cork
‘I invented the problem, and then I invented the solution.” Down the phone from his home in Cork, John Spillane chuckles. The singer-songwriter is explaining exactly how it has come to pass that a rare and unusual honour has been bestowed upon him: he has wound up as the face of the Leap card in Cork, and the voice of its accompanying advertising campaign.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive