Classical Notes: Phoenix Hall gives rise to RTÉ NSO anniversary
5 main features for the new season
I expect few readers remember the Phoenix Hall in Dublin. It was between Exchequer Street and Dame Street on the fringe of Temple Bar. It was a big bland square space used as a recording studio and for various events, all of which are long forgotten – except, perhaps, three.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive