Passat GTE to spark hybrid interest
New plug-in hybrid saloon offers incredible fuel economy and lower emissions, writes Dave Humphreys
There are already several plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs) on the market, but the new Volkswagen Passat GTE warrants being singled out from the rest on account of just how efficiently and effortlessly it works. It looks just like any other Volkswagen Passat, meaning it’s a large family saloon with some sharp design flourishes, though a conservative overall image. However, underneath the bodywork lies one of the most advanced drivetrains on sale today.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.