Old reliable gets a revamp
Toyota’s Yaris has been updated, but not in a way that will alienate its loyal customer base, writes Shane O’Donoghue.
The Toyota Yaris is one of those cars that rarely blows motoring journalists like myself away, yet clearly ticks a lot of boxes for buyers. Its eighth position last year in the Irish new car sales charts might not sound all that impressive, but the only car above it that could be considered a rival is the evergreen Ford Fiesta. Given that the Fiesta name arrived on the market about 20 years before the Yaris – and that Irish buyers are known to be relatively loyal to their car makes and models – there’s no shame in the runner-up position.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive