Nadine O'Regan: Off Message
You know that things are bad in Ireland when, for many people, Liveline has become the only lifeline
I don’t know if you heard the sounds of the near-90-year-old Michael Devereaux crying down the phone to Joe Duffy on RTÉ’s Liveline last week but, as an indictment of our country’s behaviour in regard to the aged, I’m not sure if I’ve ever heard anything worse.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.