No matter how many social climbers clamber into SUVs, the saloon is a better car - and it could be making a comeback
For at least five years now we’ve seen a seemingly unending stream of new and reinvented SUVs and crossovers. Buyers clearly love the body style, be it for the raised seating position or, more likely, the perceived higher social status.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.