New and improved Q3 is Audi’s best SUV to date
The last of Audi’s first-generation SUVs to be replaced is the Q3 – and it’s been worth waiting for, writes Dave Humphreys
The Audi Q3 has been a stalwart of the German brand’s range for the last seven years. But in the flurry of new models it has become one of the last to be renewed, until now. For its second iteration, Audi has performed a radical job in improving the Q3. As you might expect, there are the usual dimension changes that come with a new model generation. These add some width (8mm) and length (97mm) and, while the roofline is 5mm lower, the more important figure is the 78mm growth in wheelbase, the space between the front and rear wheels. Crucially, the modest increase in size also serves an important purpose in creating a more defined gap between it and the Audi Q2.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive