My Jamaican sigh: fine music, good food and great weather
Isabel Conway is and beguiled by its many Irish connections
A large road sign welcomes us to “Irish Town” opposite Mrs Brown’s snack bar. Her takeaways include fish head, cow skin, chicken neck and cow foot. Mannish water, a soup whose ingredients include goat’s testicles and which is said to be excellent for boosting male potency, is available on request.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive