Mazda’s new roadster is an easy drive
But it's tight on storage space and elbow room
January seems like a crazy time of year to be talking about buying a new two-seat, rear-wheel drive roadster, but there are good reasons for reading a review of the new Mazda MX-5 right now. First and foremost, most buyers of cars such as this use them all year round (it costs from only €27,995 so is unlikely to be a second car or a plaything for the rich), so testing it in the depths of an Irish winter is a highly relevant experiment.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.