Matt Cooper interviews The Big Short director Adam McKay
Adapted from Michael Lewis's book, The Big Short earned two Oscar nominations
Adam McKay may not have been the most obvious candidate to direct the film version of The Big Short. The book by Michael Lewis is an outstanding detailing of one of the most important aspects of the financial crash of 2008 in the United States: the demise of the subprime mortgage market.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.