The last World Cup?
Many people took exception to Fifa’s decision to award the 2018 World Cup to Vladimir Putin’s Russia, but the huge country has responded by staging a well-organised, trouble-free festival of thrilling football. And with Qatar and 48 teams looming on the horizon, it might be the last good one we get to see for a long time, writes Jonathan O’Brien
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.