Izzard’s life is no laughing matter
Biography: Believe Me – A Memoir Of Love, Death And Jazz Chickens: By Eddie Izzard, Michael Joseph, €20
By loose definition, there are two types of autobiography that successful comedians generally write. The first includes those that give the reader (nominally an avid fan) serious perspectives on life, the universe and how to overcome adversities of one kind or another. The second includes those that semi-seriously flick through back pages while never forgetting to incorporate at least two zippy one-liners per page.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.