‘Ireland is like a classic alcoholic, with a big ego and low self-esteem’
Playwright Conor McPherson says that Ireland was destroyed because of its previous trauma
Conor McPherson finds it hard to understand why anyone would envy him. True, he is one of Ireland’s most critically acclaimed playwrights whose 20-year-old masterpiece The Weir is always on somewhere in the world.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.