Interiors Flooring: Well and truly floored
From terrazzo to herringbone, Ruth O’Connor catches up with the most stylish flooring trends for the coming year
Flooring trends for 2017 see the use of tiling beyond the traditional spaces in the home, with kitchen tiles being taken to living areas and bedrooms too. The use of innovative materials or materials traditionally associated with more industrial spaces such as carpet tiles and polished concrete is also being employed by designers and architects in residential settings, while wooden floors see a move away from the rustic or salvaged look popular in recent times towards a more refined aesthetic.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive