Insider Trading: Sophie Anderson
Certainly, €537 may seem a little expensive for what is ostensibly a cotton tote, but this beauty of a bag by Sophie Anderson is crocheted entirely by hand in limited edition batches by the women of the Wayuu community in Colombia. They are paid a fair wage for their work, which can take weeks to complete. Borlas or pompoms are characteristic of the collection, which incorporates many traditional motifs. See net-a-porter.com.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.