Like it, want it, covet it Ruth O’Connor is our style insider
While often frivolous, sometimes fashion can be political: think the shaking up of the scene by punk, Katherine Hamnett’s slogan T-shirts and Hussein Chalayan’s Afterwards collection for A/W 2000, which reflected on the impact of the Kosovo war. Now award-winning artist and designer Helen Storey has created a dress which is made from a decommissioned UNHCR tent on which an animation of a year’s worth of UNCHR statistics is projected.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.