How Hollywood has portrayed cash on celluloid
Matt Cooper looks at past attempts to bring finance to the big screen
Stories about high finance and the corporate world as the subject for films, rather than as documentaries, have struggled to attract and convince wide audiences. Often, this is because the content is either deemed to be too complicated or, to deal with that, it gets dumbed down too much. It’s a pity, because it is often fertile ground for great drama.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.