A harrowing overview of the Holocaust
History: The Holocaust, By Laurence Rees, Viking, €33.25
Any Jew sent to the Nazi extermination camp at Treblinka in occupied Poland had roughly a 99 per cent chance of being dead within three hours. Kalman Taigman, a 19-year-old arrival from the Warsaw Ghetto in 1942, was one of the lucky ones.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.