The other half shake their wallets in Monterey
Last week in California, a 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO became the most expensive car ever to be auctioned off
For one week every year in August, the attention of car collectors and classic car nuts is focused on California in the US, specifically on Monterey. The jewel in the Monterey Car Week crown is undoubtedly the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance, a prestigious competition for some of the most rare, unusual and authentic old cars on the planet, held on the grass of the Pebble Beach Golf Links, no less, overlooking the bay. It has been running since 1950 and all proceeds go to charity.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.