Classical Notes: Grace and elegance on Castletown’s agenda
The dazzling appeal of Grace Kelly’s life and tragic death never fails to grip the imagination
You may wonder, dear reader, why we have a picture of Grace Kelly embellishing this week’s column. She was, after all, better known as an ice-cool actress without any evidence of musical ability, other than co-crooning a few lines of True Love with Bing Crosby in High Society. Surely you must remember it? Bing with a mute squeezebox serenading Grace in a motionless rowing boat. He was 26 years older than her at the time.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive