France’s valley of the lost wines
Overlooked by modern wine lovers until recently, the Loire is home to an impressive variety of top-quality, well-priced wines
The Loire Valley is one of the world’s most undervalued wine regions, despite being the home of Sancerre and Pouilly-Fumé and their dazzling sauvignon blanc wines. The Sancerre and Pouilly-Fumé appellations together cover about 4,000 hectares of vineyards. The Loire has 85 other wine appellations covering almost 100,000 hectares along an almost 1,000-kilometre journey from its source in the Massif Central until it enters the Atlantic at Nantes.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.