Forget the title: Ford’s still masterly at capturing America’s mood
First, let’s talk about that title. Authors aren’t always responsible for their titles. Sometimes publishers impose their own. So it isn’t necessarily Richard Ford’s fault that this new collection of stories featuring his everyman American hero Frank Bascombe is called Let Me Be Frank With You. It might, for example, be his publisher’s fault.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive