First Person: Enda McEvoy
The award-winning chef Enda McEvoy grew up in Virginia in Co Cavan, where his parents had a family grocery store and a farm. He had his first kitchen job in Germany, aged 17, and went on to work in a number of kitchens around the world. He and his wife Sinead opened their restaurant Loam in Galway city in 2013; it was awarded a Michelin star last year.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive