Ferguson’s list of old scores quickly bores
NON-FICTION; Leading; By Alex Ferguson; with Michael Moritz; Hodder & Stoughton, €17
One of the nuggets of patrician wisdom proffered by Alex Ferguson in this book is that, in football, young players will run through a fence for you, but older players will try to find a gate in the fence. Here, Ferguson himself seems to have decided to sell the fence for scrap in order to make an extra few quid.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.