Famous and fading
The rapid increase in air pollution in the area of Agra where the Taj Mahal is located is damaging the outer skin of the famous site, causing its distinctive white to discolour and parts to decay and fall off. The nearby Yamuna river which runs alongside it is also in danger of drying up due to large-scale industrial activity upstream, also compromising the building.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.