Engrossing novel paints a picture of three futures
fiction: The Versions of Us. By Laura Barnett. Weidenfeld & Nicolson, €17.50.
A lane in Cambridge in 1958: a girl on a bicycle swerves to avoid a dog. Her name is Eva Edelstein, and although she doesn’t know it, this is a moment which will determine the rest of her life. As she avoids the animal, she cycles over a rusty nail, puncturing the tyre of her bike, and a young man comes to her aid. His name is Jim Taylor and, like her, he’s a student at the university – she’s studying English, he’s studying law.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive