Enduring appeal: maintaining hair colour and condition
Some top tips to help you improve longevity
Nothing perks you up quite like the feeling of a fresh, vibrant hair colour – along with masking those pesky roots that always give away our secrets. At best, you’ll enjoy the newness for three to four weeks and then, especially for the blonde-haired among us, everything tends to go a bit flat and brassy. Regardless of the tones I initially opt for – be it a cool, ashy blonde balayage or a rich, chestnut brown (yes, I change my mind a lot) – it always winds up working its way back to a particular shade of dormouse. That being said, I’ve never been particularly good at my DIY maintenance in those intervening weeks. As part of my new year, new me resolutions, this week I turned to the L’Oréal Colour Trophy International-winning stylist Jenny Dawson at the famed Dylan Bradshaw for a quick lesson in the art of coloured hair longevity.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.