Collected works: The best from the Sunday Business Post in 2018
In an age when news flows so freely and quickly, it is easy to overlook the significance of the last 12 months
In late August, The Sunday Business Post published its 1,500th edition. To mark the occasion, a number of the paper’s former editors, journalists and executives wrote about the history of the title and the stories that defined its history. It was striking how many of the issues and themes that the paper covered back in 1989 remain relevant today. Indeed, the headlines on the paper’s very first two editorials could easily have appeared last week - ‘Managing the debt’ and ‘Fianna Fail’s private fears’.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.