Earthy humour of the matchmaker in a conservative rural society
John B Keane's empathetic portrayal of loneliness brought vividly to life
The Matchmaker; By John B Keane; Directed by Michael Scott; glór, Ennis, Co Clare; Runs at the Gaiety Theatre, Dublin, April 11-16 2016 (see gaietytheatre.ie/); Rating: ****
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.