Dystopian tale of lives lived and destroyed via smartphone
By Thommas Kane Byrne Theatre Upstairs @ Lanigan’s, Eden Quay Rating: Runs until June 30 ‘Welcome to the Blessed Virgin Community School,” chorus Zara, Kelis and Amber, the teenage co-narrators of Thommas Kane Byrne’s new play Well That’s What I Heard. “It’s not so much an educational establishment, more an inner-city version of The Hunger Games.” In this dystopian Dublin where actual wealth is just a pipe dream, online status has become the new currency – and no weapon can make or destroy reputations with more ruthless efficiency than your ever-present smartphone.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive