The day the rock star died
Music: Uncommon People: The Rise and Fall of the Rock Stars, By David Hepworth, Bantam Press, €16.10
When introducing a new talent to the world, the music press loves to bandy about terms such as “the new U2” or “the new Bruce Springsteen”. But in recent years, invariably those much-hyped musicians go on to disappoint, their stars fading as swiftly as they have risen.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.