Gavin Glass is about to release the most upbeat album of his career, buoyed by the birth of his daughter, writes John Walshe
‘I wanted to make a Saturday night record, more than another whingey singer-songwriter record,” Gavin Glass laughs, as he describes his fifth album Opus Pocus, which hits shops and websites on Friday, July 13. “I was writing most of these songs coming up to the birth of Emmy Mae [Glass’s two-year-old daughter] so I was just super positive: everything was amazing. I was just in a really great place,” the singer says.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.